Learning to restore peace
Anxiety & Social Anxiety
We all know what anxiety feels like. Our hearts pound, we get butterflies in our stomachs, we worry and fret, or feel jittery. However, if worries and fears are preventing you from living your life the way you’d like, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder.
The Mood Disorders Clinic teaches many strategies that can help you reduce your anxiety symptoms and take back control of your life. The Mood Disorders Clinic is proven, effective, and affordable. Most insurances are accepted!
We will see you for an initial intake, make sure that your treatment plan is properly tailored to your needs, and refer you to the clinic. Individual counseling is also available. Results are monitored every week. Most clients notice gradual improvement every week and in most cases anxiety is reduced or eliminated in 30-90 days.
Understanding Anxiety Disorders
American Psychological Association defines Anxiety as an emotion characterized by feelings of tension, worried thoughts and physical changes like increased blood pressure. Anxiety is a very common emotion to experience, however, when a person regularly feels many of the following in heightened degrees they may be suffering with generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder or post-traumatic stress disorder.
· excessive worry
· difficulty focusing
· avoiding daily events
· digestive issues
· rapid breathing
The evolution group has skilled and trained clinicians that are able to diagnosis and treat such issues. Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based therapies (MBEP), Poly Vagal Therapies (PVT), EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and RTM (Reconsolidation of Traumatic Memories).
Check out our basic anxiety survival guide for some helpful tips!
Do You Suffer From Anxiety?
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you may have an anxiety disorder.
- Are you plagued by fears that you know are irrational, but can’t shake?
- Does anxiety interfere with your work, school, or family responsibilities?
- Are you constantly tense, worried, or on edge?
- Do you often believe that something bad is about to happen or will happen if things aren’t done a certain way?
- Do you avoid everyday situations or activities because they make you anxious?
- Do you experience sudden, unexpected attacks of heart-pounding panic?
- Do you feel like danger and catastrophe are around every corner?